Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Fake Fives!



WARNING: These are not quilts. But this recipe for homemade Take Fives is for my IG quilty friends, so I'm putting it here! Also, this recipe makes approximately one billion pieces of candy. I gave up trying to finish out the buckeye filling and froze it because I can't have this much candy sitting around looking at me!

The buckeye recipe is here. I pretty much followed it for both the filling and the chocolate coating except that I added another 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla (and probably could have added another teaspoon on top of that--I love vanilla in sweets). I also used coconut oil instead of shortening, and it worked great. Finally, I used Ghirardelli semisweet for chocolate.

Then, when you've made the filling and the chocolate, layer the candy like this, pretzels at the bottom, chocolate at the top:

Pretzel (I used pretzel chips from Trader Joe's)

Buckeye filling

Caramel if you'd like

Roasted, salted peanuts

Chocolate spooned over

Fleur de Sel salt if you like (I also got this at Trader Joe's)

You could also probably spread it all out on a sheet, like bark, but put chocolate on the bottom then let it harden. Then layer everything in the same order and cut it when it's ready.

TA DA! FAKE FIVES!

1 comment:

  1. Super duper!! Thank you for posting these. I'm tucking away this recipe for future indulgences.
    BTW, are you going to QuiltCon?

    ReplyDelete